Saturday, September 27, 2008

Family Night: Welcome fall!

We decided to welcome back fall for our Family Night this week. We eally didn't do much, because the Mommma...she was not having a good day. I think I was just a little overwhelmed by all the things that I need to get done in the next few days because Jeff and I are going to be out of town for the week.

As a matter of fact, I was so out of it, I didn't take any pictures. *gasp* Not that there was much to photograph.

I started a beef stew in the crockpot that morning, then Jacob and I made some yummy Pumpkin Drop Cookies. (Thanks, Wendy!) The girls were outside playing while we made the cookies, so it was nice to have that time alone with him in the kitchen. All too often, the girls are so eager to help with the cooking and baking, that Jacob doesn't get to do much.

So, when Jeff got home, we had our yummy beef stew. Then, we got our fall decorations out of storage and decorated the house. Then, we ate our pumpkin cookies. That was the extent of our 'fallness!' Pathetic. Hee!

Jacob even mentioned once or twice, "This sure doesn't feel like Family Night!" Ahh! Talk about feeling bad! I apologized to him but also talked to him about being thankful for the time that we did get to spend together as a family.

Jeff took all three kids to the video store to get a movie and I took a long, hot bath! When they got back, we all piled on the couches and watched Peter Pan together. Throughout the movie we laughed and chatted together as a family. And that's what Family Nights are really all about.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

i'm so glad you guys liked the cookies! :)